GS Group (before 2013 known as General Satellite) is the largest Russian developer and producer of set-top boxes for television. Since 1991 company has been conducting systematic research and development work and producing radio electronic equipment. Company products and technology concepts are used in satellite broadcasting projects NTV-PLUS, Tricolor TV, Platform HD etc. Total number of TV subscribers using set-top boxes produced by the Corporation in Russian Federation exceeds 7 million. In 2007 General Satellite became the main investor of the integral innovation project: "Technopolis GS: scientific and technological development territory", which is implemented in Gusev town, Kaliningrad Region.
- 1991 - year of foundation of the company. Initially, her main fields of activity were sales and installation of satellite TV systems.
- 1994 – signing agreements for exclusive sale of equipment with Pace Micro Technology (UK) and Humax (S. Korea) companies. Company became one of the leading suppliers of satellite, cable and terrestrial TV equipment, and, particularly, the only Russian supplier of large-diameter antennas.
- 1995–1997 – active participation in setting up first Russian satellite broadcasting project
- 2001 – a strategic decision was taken on changing company’s priorities, developing science-driven areas of business and system integration. Within the Corporation was created the Scientific and Research Division.
- 2003 – first receiver with own software was developed.
- – quality and international standard of corporation’s developments was noted for the first time at the competition within the framework of the seventh international fair CSTB in Moscow, where GS FTA-7001S digital receiver became the winner in category "Best domestic (Russia, CIS, Baltic countries) development in the field of distribution and subscription equipment for satellite and cable TV".
- – GS TE-7010 receiver was declared the best low-budget terrestrial receiver based on the results of the test conducted by German magazine "Digital Fernsehen".
- 2005 – new Russian satellite TV project Tricolor TV was launched with technological support of the corporation.
- 2007 – GS VA-7200 digital satellite terminal became the winner in "Best Development" category at CSTB-2007 International fair.
- 2007 – due to the rate of satellite TV development in Russia as well as in view of the analogue-to-digital broadcasting switchover planned for 2015, was taken a decision on building a plant for manufacturing set-top boxes in Gusev town, Kaliningrad Region.
- 2008 – a long-term strategy on implementing investment project "Technopolis GS: scientific and technological development territory" was developed.
- 2009 – a system of highly automated production facilities was created in Gusev town. It will be able to supply the need in set-top boxes both of Russian consumers and customers in other European countries.
- – GS Group announced launching of the first 3D-broadcasting in Russia and Eastern Europe. On April 15, for the first time in Russia the live 3D broadcast was performed by the company (Gala concert in the Mariinsky Theatre). European premiere of the satellite channel with three-dimensional image 3DV was held on May 21 in London.
Development and manufacturing of all types of set-top boxes and associated software
General Satellite carries out its own developments in the field of system solutions for satellite television, beginning with software and motherboard production and ending with digital content and network construction.
Prospective developments department was founded in 2002. Recent developments include hardware platform on STi5518 microchip, software for all receiver types, set-top box for NTV-plus satellite operator with integrated CAS Viaccess as well as several models of satellite and terrestrial subscription TV receivers. Presently the department carries out full development cycle. Engineering staff counts 250 specialists. General Satellite conducts developments in the field of:
- satellite receivers;
- cable receivers;
- terrestrial receivers;
- IP receivers;
- specialized software and hardware solutions, as EPG (Electronic Program Guide) generators, conditional access system;
- 3D broadcasting.
Development of control system middleware for operators functioning (CSMW)
CSMW introduction became the standard for digitalization all over the world: without such device using all benefits of the switchover from analogue to digital broadcasting standard would be impossible.
GS Group CSMW is the only system developed in Russia, introduced in 2007 and tested on millions of viewers of the leading satellite TV operator, Tricolor TV (over 7 million subscribers).
More information about CSMW: .
Switchover to digital format in Russian Federation
According to the National Program for Switchover to Digital Broadcasting Format, Russian television will be switched to the digital broadcasting by 2015. The state shall create digital television broadcasting system, in particular, provide broadcasting of a number of free-of-charge state-owned TV channels. According to expert estimation, around 50 millions of households and organizations in Russia shall have been supplied with set-top-boxes or new TV sets by 2015. Presently, Corporation facilities are able to produce up to 5 million set-top boxes annually with possibility to increase the capacity twice.
- GS ТЕ-8511 receiver model
Receives FTA and FTV television and radio channels. Built based on standard resolution TV hardware components, supports progressive compression format MPEG-4 adopted in Russia.
- want to know exact ethereum exchange usd - look here!
PCTV HD Pro Stick USB2 HDTV Tuner for Free HD
CE (Pinnacle Systems)
Hauppauge 1178 WinTV-HVR-1600 Internal Hybrid TV Tuner/Video Recorder
SYGAV Android 5.1.1 Lollipop Quad Core Car Stereo Video DVD Player for Mitsubishi Outlander 2007-2011 with Wifi Bluetooth Radio 2 Din 8 Inch 1024x600 In-dash GPS Sat Navigation
GPS or Navigation System (SYGAV)
SYGAV Android 5.1.1 Lollipop Car Stereo Video Player Sat GPS Navigation for Honda Civic 2006-2011 Quad Core 10.2 Inch 1024x600 In-dash with Wifi Bluetooth Radio
GPS or Navigation System (SYGAV)
GPS Navigation for SKODA OCTAVIA FABIA SUPERB 2005-2009 8 Inch TFT Touchscreen/Android 5.1 Quad-Core w/ TV Radio Bluetooth+WIFI+SWC+RDS+AV+AUX IN+Rear View Camera+Free US Map by Indiny
GPS or Navigation System (Indiny International)